G,Day Blokes

Started by Brownie, January 25, 2017, 17:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CDNRatMan

ok have to admit I had to look that up...lol......

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

drifter-paul

Yes, Queensland is a different time zone  :o They can be pedantic too ;D

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

CDNRatMan

wow you met someone in 3013....and here people think OZ is behind the times......

drifter-paul

Gidday and belated welcome to you Brownie.

I'm in NSW, 1hr north of Sydney. PM me if you're coming up this way.

Met Washbrook in 2014 when he was passing thru to Newcastle,and Leanne in Fraser Coast in Qld in 3013.

:)

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Washbrook

I sympathise. I ahve been caught like this before with shipping companies.

Man of few words.
VROC 35598

Brownie

Quote from: CDNRatMan on February 10, 2017, 19:47:15 PM

Sounds like a huge discount in the cost of shipping now for sure.......

Could mean more money for accessories ,but I'm guessing there not going to part with the coin

CDNRatMan

Sounds like a huge discount in the cost of shipping now for sure.......

Brownie

Ok feeling a little ticked off,fairdinkum,, when I was considering buying this Bike I looked  into shipping cost ,and the time it would take to get the bike  here...,just to  reiterate the bike coming form western OZ to Victoria,found a company that said yep we will have it here in just over a week,..cool.. ,price from sellers door to my front Door $800 smackeroos,cool,...so I go head make the deal for the Bike,ring transport company to organise pick-up and pay the fee,after all was said and done, and just about to pay with credit card ,transport company grabs me by the short and curly,s and says we need to tack on another 87 bucks ,I know not a Fortune but it is when ya playing with a tight Budget. But, I pay because my new play thing will be here in just over a week..

Yeah freaking ""right" the Bike was picked up on the 25th of Jan,I rang the transport company yesterday 10 Feb to ask,Hey where my Bloody Bike Dude.Oh hang on, we will have a look into it for you,O Gee we are so sorry sir, but your bike is still sitting in the yard in Perth western Australia,its been sitting in the Corner of some transport yard because a person couldn't do there job, neglected to enter it into there computer system,But no one was going to question why is that fine looking Piece of machinery sitting there??? ...I had a Quote from another transport company same money but they said it would be here on the 1st feb,but went with this other mob because they were meant to be $100 cheaper....good grief sorry bout the rant and long post...frustrated

Brownie

Quote from: Washbrook on February 08, 2017, 20:07:02 PM

Yep very funny guys. As I keep saying, videos are sped up due to time restraints. In Aus we ride / drive on the correct side of the road.

Re the engine bar, mine is one of the original equip ones. I will measure it for you over the weekend. I think I am up around 48- 49,000 kms. Again I will have to check. I just bough a 2017 Indian Roadmaster so my wife can hop on the back so been riding that more lately.

Cheers mate appreciate it.....

Washbrook

Yep very funny guys. As I keep saying, videos are sped up due to time restraints. In Aus we ride / drive on the correct side of the road.

Re the engine bar, mine is one of the original equip ones. I will measure it for you over the weekend. I think I am up around 48- 49,000 kms. Again I will have to check. I just bough a 2017 Indian Roadmaster so my wife can hop on the back so been riding that more lately.

Man of few words.
VROC 35598

CDNRatMan

:o  yup.that is just one of them...and then the really cool one with the drone........

Old Drifter

Quote from: CDNRatMan on February 08, 2017, 09:34:24 AM

Brownie:
You need to watch some of Washbrook's vids......he rides really fast, and he does really weird things like they all drive on the wrong side of the road at really high speed......lol..........

sitr this pot.......

You mean like this one? http://www.vulcandrifterriders.com/forum/index.php?topic=44642.msg100131#msg100131
Gene

1999 Drifter

CDNRatMan

Brownie:
You need to watch some of Washbrook's vids......he rides really fast, and he does really weird things like they all drive on the wrong side of the road at really high speed......lol..........

sitr this pot.......

Brownie

Quote from: Washbrook on February 06, 2017, 20:09:35 PM

If yours is a 2002 model then it must be a private import based on the information Kawasaki Australia gave me. I have heard that a few have been bought in. Check out http://www.vulcandrifterriders.com/1500specs.html to compare your VIN to confirm which year yours is, mine is definitely a J1. The 2002 has the larger tank which is also an advantage, I usually have to fill up every 200 km though I have gone as far as 245 on a very good day.

Great info there,Mines a 2002 all Black with chrome in all the right spots ,but that will change....the per tank distance thing will take some getting use to as my pass bikes have gotten 350 400 k per tank..but I will get use to it...when you have time would you be able to give me the outside diameter of your engine protection Bars?really appreciate the Info...
Im Digging the old school look of your drifter and it looks to be in great condition...how many KLM have you got on yours?comfy ride?

Washbrook

If yours is a 2002 model then it must be a private import based on the information Kawasaki Australia gave me. I have heard that a few have been bought in. Check out http://www.vulcandrifterriders.com/1500specs.html to compare your VIN to confirm which year yours is, mine is definitely a J1. The 2002 has the larger tank which is also an advantage, I usually have to fill up every 200 km though I have gone as far as 245 on a very good day.

Man of few words.
VROC 35598

Brownie

Quote from: Washbrook on February 05, 2017, 18:36:44 PM

There are at least 2 others around, I ran into one near Chadstone, I live near there. and another outside of Lillydale on a ride. Let me know when yours arrives and we can compared them.

FYI check out: http://www.vulcandrifterriders.com/forum/index.php?topic=18150.25

Here is an excerpt from page 2:

I have been trying to get a definitive answer on how many Drifters were sold in Australia. Kawasaki Australia sent me a response today which blew me away:

----------------
Dear Norman.

The Kawasaki Drifter was imported in to Australia for the 1999 Model Year. There were approx 50 units sold in 1999-2000. There was one 2000 Model Year unit sold, sales were slow of the Vulcan 1500 Drifter model and it was not imported again after 1999.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Kind regards,
Murray Sayle
Homologation, Industry Relations & Technical Marketing Assistant
Kawasaki Motors Pty Ltd
Unit Q, 10-16 South Street
Rydalmere, NSW, 2116, Australia

---------

Based on the above I own 1 of only 50 bikes in Australia. There are probably a few which are no longer on the road so this is indeed a rare breed.

Old Chastone ,my old stomping ground I use to live on Railway pde,good area....that really surprises me there isn,t  more Drifters around,but I guess they may not be everyone's cup of tea,mine,s coming from WA I think they maybe pushing it,or it could be im just being Impatient ...

Washbrook

There are at least 2 others around, I ran into one near Chadstone, I live near there. and another outside of Lillydale on a ride. Let me know when yours arrives and we can compared them.

FYI check out: http://www.vulcandrifterriders.com/forum/index.php?topic=18150.25

Here is an excerpt from page 2:

I have been trying to get a definitive answer on how many Drifters were sold in Australia. Kawasaki Australia sent me a response today which blew me away:

----------------
Dear Norman.

The Kawasaki Drifter was imported in to Australia for the 1999 Model Year. There were approx 50 units sold in 1999-2000. There was one 2000 Model Year unit sold, sales were slow of the Vulcan 1500 Drifter model and it was not imported again after 1999.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Kind regards,
Murray Sayle
Homologation, Industry Relations & Technical Marketing Assistant
Kawasaki Motors Pty Ltd
Unit Q, 10-16 South Street
Rydalmere, NSW, 2116, Australia

---------

Based on the above I own 1 of only 50 bikes in Australia. There are probably a few which are no longer on the road so this is indeed a rare breed.

Man of few words.
VROC 35598

Brownie

Quote from: Washbrook on January 31, 2017, 18:06:57 PM

Not many of us in VIC. Welcome. I only pop in every now and then.

yes looks like the Victorian Drifter rider is a endangered species ,very rare I see but I did figure that I still haven't seen a Drifter on the open road yet,that's why I bought one ,still hasn't arrived yet hanging out....well thanks for the reply see out there sometime cheers

Washbrook

Not many of us in VIC. Welcome. I only pop in every now and then.

Man of few words.
VROC 35598

Brownie

Hey cobbers just joined this Drifter family ...I live in Victoria down on the peninsula will be taking possession of a 2002 1500 drifter very soon, in transit as I type....love to join up with any other Drifters here in Vic,although I'm guessing there isn't  that many...well if ya Interested in a meet and greet just need to Holler cheers for now

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk