Shocking news....

Started by 49Reo, January 09, 2017, 14:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DC

Quote from: Old Drifter on January 10, 2017, 22:17:29 PM

This reminds me of another motorcycle company...Excelsior-Henderson.  I remember when they came out they were promoting them in Daytona during bike week around 1999. Their motto was Excelsior-Henderson...you're next tattoo. They were giving away water slide tattoo decals of the logo.

The revived brand didn't last too long either.  That's a shame too.

Troll

Quote from: Old Drifter on January 10, 2017, 22:17:29 PM

This reminds me of another motorcycle company...Excelsior-Henderson.  I remember when they came out they were promoting them in Daytona during bike week around 1999. Their motto was Excelsior-Henderson...you're next tattoo. They were giving away water slide tattoo decals of the logo.

I know someone who has one. He doesn't ride it much, but he does ride it

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

CDNRatMan

Polaris selling Victory and Indian now this would be like Zoar's Pizza Truck selling Domino's and Papa John's pizza and trying to make one better than the other..............

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

Old Drifter

Gene

1999 Drifter

greenbarn

I'm a little surprised to see them abandon the line completely.  I would have thought maybe to keep "Victory" in some way , if nothing else than to keep the loyal Victory fans. 

No Worries

pcarrell

I can't say I'm surprised. I mean, once they acquired Indian they immediately acquired history and provenance. Victory has always struggled to find it's place in the biker world, while Indian is well established. It's a shame really, since many Victory models are actually very fine bikes, but maybe this will mean that the Indian brand can move beyond the Scout and the Chief lines.

DC

They said they're keeping thier Slingshot line.   :o  I can't see keeping that over the Victory division.  I think the Victories were an interesting bike, but lacked a lot of soul.  Maybe the Vision was something that set it apart, but it was not everyone's cup of tea.

greenbarn

So, Gentlemen, get ready to buy that Victory you always wanted CHEAP..... 8)

I wonder if this means, if 1) Polaris was not making enough money on Victory and 2) they stop spending money on Victory then 3) they can then lower the price on Indians, and still be just as profitable!!!

No Worries

Old Drifter

Gene

1999 Drifter

49Reo

02 Drifter 1500, 02 Softail Frankenstein Trike.."Beauty" and "The Beast"

"If you don't believe your country should come before yourself, Ya can better serve your country, by living somewhere else."  In memory, Stompin' Tom Connors
RIP

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk