Vulcan Drifter Riders

• December 12, 2017, 11:42:24 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you use HOTMAIL and some other email providers, you may not get notifications and registration emails. Let me know if you register and didn't get confirmation.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Optimum spray-on vehicle wax  (Read 919 times)

Cotton Mouth

• Rider
  • I ride a : No Selection Yet
  • Plus a: ----------
  • View Gallery
Optimum spray-on vehicle wax
« on: November 10, 2013, 11:29:16 AM »

Product review:  Optimum No Rinse Wash and Shine & spray Car Wax

Have been washing and waxing cars since I was 8 yrs young, and have washed hundreds, if not thousands of vehicles, including semi trucks and trailers.  Lately, have been really beginning to feel intense dislike for cleaning my vehicles, felt burnt out.  The products below have helped me keep cleaner and nicer looking cars and bikes, while saving me time.

Each product works very good.  I was skeptical at first, but did tons of research before pulling the trigger, and glad I did.  A little goes a long way with this stuff.  For the auto wash, I keep a bucket and lid ready to go, filled with about 1 gallon of water, this cleaner, and clean and saturated microfiber towels.  There are tons of "how to" vids on youtube regarding this stuff.  It leaves a brilliant shine when dried off, and I get done in 10 - 15 mins on my larger truck, less time for the smaller cars.

http://www.optimumcarcare.com/onrwns.php?li=2

Next time, I'll get the wash w/ the wax built in (below).

http://www.optimumcarcare.com/onrwnw.php?li=2

The wax is incredible.  No more white residue to deal with.  Protects rubber, plastic, etc.  A little goes a long way.  Spray on your paint, bike windshield, etc and wipe off w/ clean microfiber.  It lasts a long time, and almost seems too good to be true, but it works.  The shiny, slick finish this wax leaves is remarkable.

http://www.optimumcarcare.com/owax.php

All their products are available online at various websites.  Don't let price turn you off. I'm very frugal, but this stuff was well worth it.   Hope this review helps you save time and have nice looking vehicles.

greenbarn

• Sr. Staff
  • I ride a : Drifter 800
  • Plus a: Drifter 1500
  • VDR#: 1023
  • VDR#1023
  • View Gallery
Re: Optimum spray-on vehicle wax
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 20:32:38 PM »

Hey, Cotton, that looks like it's worth a try.  I wonder if the combo wash and wax works as well as the 2 separate products?  Lots of time a "combo" product is a compromise and isn't as good as the individuals.  A couple questions:

1) have you tried any of the "bike detail" products like "original bike spirits" or any of those?    Just wondering how they compare??

2) Is the no-rinse part a big deal to you?  I was thinking if that is most of the allure (website makes a big deal over it), then it's less interesting than if it's just cause it works great....
No Worries

Cotton Mouth

• Rider
  • I ride a : No Selection Yet
  • Plus a: ----------
  • View Gallery
Re: Optimum spray-on vehicle wax
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 20:58:35 PM »

Greenbarn,
I have not tried any of their other products yet. Let us know if you do.  I've only heard good things about all their products though.

The no rinse is nice, but it works very well too, it traps the dirt and is so easy.  I can do this in my garage in the a/c in summer and heat in winter!  Great for people who don't have access to a hose too, like apartments.

Below is vid from Gary Dean down in Florida.  He details everything up to million dollar cars, and he has lots of good videos.  He does use some of Optimums other products though.  To wash vehicles, I use his method (but not his brand product), and I don't presoak w/ spray (but you can if you'd like).  I would probably presoak w/ spray if I had a really nice vehicle, or was really dirty.  The heavily saturated towel works good enough for me.

Below is a vid from a guy washing heavy winter type dirt off his car.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

ADVERTISE YOUR PRODUCT OR SERVICE HERE!