I made it official

Started by The Bride, October 22, 2017, 18:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Bride

Quote from: greenbarn on November 07, 2017, 21:17:56 PM

Congrats to both of you on your recent accomplishments.  Good to hear from you again.

Thank you!  We're out here lurking around, we'll try to get to the keyboard more often  8)

The Bride

The Bride

Quote from: Old Drifter on October 25, 2017, 10:31:29 AM

Greetings from North Georgia! Glad to see you here under your own screen name. Congrats on 2beers' retirement and new bike! Can't wait to see yours too. We'll all have to get together again for lunch sometime.

Thanks, Gene.  We'll let you know if we get anywhere near your way!

greenbarn

Congrats to both of you on your recent accomplishments.  Good to hear from you again.

No Worries

The Bride

I may have figured out this resizing...

chief

I turned your pic  and reposted. Cheers.

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

Old Drifter

Greetings from North Georgia! Glad to see you here under your own screen name. Congrats on 2beers' retirement and new bike! Can't wait to see yours too. We'll all have to get together again for lunch sometime.

Gene

1999 Drifter

The Bride

Still working on this picture resizing thing.  Here's my new HD...

oops.  Still trying.

CDNRatMan

When I click on it, it comes out right, he is standing on his feet.

I am planning on a long and cold winter, I saw the caterpillar's coat last week and am getting ready. Red needs very little because she has always been babied along, now Pearl has some really I think nice mods coming, and some nice new additions to her.....she will be a work in progress and no rush to get her on the road, but I do not want to take Greenbarn's record of having a bike on the lift for something close to 2 years..........he will claim, wife, work, yard work, job, wife, kids, wife, sore back, waiting parts, some other excuses I can not remember....lol.....

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

The Bride

Why is 2beers on his head?  Oh, my...

Trying a resize here...

Oh, well.  That didn't work.  Thankfully I'm better with vehicles than I am with computers.  Will try again tomorrow!  (Any help areas I can read to resize a photo on my Mac to under the kb cutoff?  And to stand 2beers back upright???)

Thanks... and Good Night...

--The Bride

The Bride

Here's one pic that I don't have to resize to post...  Working on the others!

The Bride

Thanks, Ratman.  You know that Pearl is Princess' original color!  It's there under the candy apple.  Love that Drifter pair! With two to 'play' with now, are you expecting a long, cold winter????

CDNRatMan

Congrats on the stuff to be congregated and best wishes on what deserves a best wish, lol........I too added to the fmaily but went with 2 Drifters.......Red and Pearl.......

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

The Bride

Ya'll have heard from me before...I'm 2beers' other half, and I usually post under his screen name and just sign The Bride.  But, since we now have a couple of additional bikes in the garage, I figured I'd take a spot for myself on the forum.  So, welcomes aren't really necessary lol.

Some catching up!  We've been pretty quiet on line, pretty busy here at home.  My Mom moved in with us after a medical emergency almost 3 years ago, and again we're doing the elder care thing.  She's heavily affected by the D-word (not fun) but as many of you know, lots of hugs and love get us much further than arguing.  Taking off for a ride on the bikes, even for an hour, puts sanity back into our world.

2beers retired and chose a new Triumph Bonneville Bobber as his retirement present.  That bike is awesome!  He insisted I experience the wonder of his new bike, and my first ride on the Bobber started me looking for a new second bike for me.  Of course, Princess and Blue aren't going anywhere.  We DO LOVE our Drifters.

I sold my dear Honda Shadow Aero, opened 'the box',  and looked at everything from Aprillia to Yamaha.  My mindset was to find a new bike that fit me well without having to mod the suspension, seat or bars.  I wanted something different than any of the bikes I've already owned.  No one was more surprised than I was when I found the perfect seat for me...its a 2017 Harley 883 Iron Sportster.  Now, my non-modding requirements didn't include the motor lol...so at just under 500 miles I had Harley install the 1200 Conversion Kit.  Now I have the perfect pair of bikes for me!

I know they don't exist without pics here, so I'll do my best to get them on here ASAP.

--The Bride

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk