How's your summer going?

Started by Tfrank59, July 29, 2017, 20:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mittico68

Quote from: Tfrank59 on July 30, 2017, 20:33:22 PM

When I was a kid back in the '70s my parents took me to Italy and we drove up the Amalfi Coast. Boy would I love to do that ride now on one of my bikes! It's got to be some of the most gorgeous Coastline in the world. My hat or should I say helmet is off to you

You're absolutely right!
I rode it years ago with my Drifter and it was so much fun! Except for avoiding the traffic queues...
Italy has got so many nice places to ride with a bike, but I guess you Americans have got nice (and much, much more) places to ride, too...

I love my swingin' bike!

Tfrank59

When I was a kid back in the '70s my parents took me to Italy and we drove up the Amalfi Coast. Boy would I love to do that ride now on one of my bikes! It's got to be some of the most gorgeous Coastline in the world. My hat or should I say helmet is off to you

Tom

'06 Drifter 800, '98 Valkyrie

"HD: The most efficient way to convert gasoline into noise without the pesky effects of horsepower."

mittico68

No rain at all here in Italy, since last spring... the fires are eatin' hundreds acres of woodland and mediterranean scrub.
But it's not really the fault of the weather... lots of those fires are the fault of man, of his inconvenience or, even worse, his criminal deliberate action.
Me, I just keep ridin' ma-deuce on each occasion.

I love my swingin' bike!

Stroker Deuce

Monsoon season is in full swing here in Southern Colorado. We get thunderstorms about four o'clock every day.  Got myself and my Drifter soaked last week on my way back from a meeting that ran late.  The next three months is usually amazing here with changing trees and mild dry weather.  Intend to put in some good rides after I get my heart rebooted (electro cardioversion) next week.

Keeping the underside of the floor boards clean on the Rocky Mountain twisties.

Troll

It's been raining here, almost every day for 2 months. We had a repeat of the spring floods we normally get when the snow melts....hasn't rained, lately, since Thursday...but they are predicting more severe storms by mid week BAH, HUMBUG!

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

Tfrank59

Quote from: CDNRatMan on July 29, 2017, 21:49:59 PM

Wettest spring and summer on record in years. We did get a nice ride in with the Rendezvous group 12 Drifters, 1 Spyder, 1 H-D with Sidecar, 1 Yamaha. Sun and shine all day, pictures to follow...

Well we had really the wettest winter and spring on record so we paid our dues I think and maybe you guys did too now and your late summer and fall season will be good riding :-\
Tom

"HD: The most efficient way to convert gasoline into noise without the pesky effects of horsepower."

OR Seedman

Been riding everyday that I don't need to haul something in my pickup.  Heading down to the southern Oregon coast to Bandon next week on a 2 day ride with my Road King buddy....gotta beat the crowds migrating here for the Great Eclipse in 3 weeks......first chance to get away now that my research harvest is done...

OR Seedman

geewago

It's so dry here in Central TX the trees have started following the dogs around.

Hot??  Oh yeah.  It's hotter'n  a Pawn Shop TV.

CDNRatMan

Wettest spring and summer on record in years. We did get a nice ride in with the Rendezvous group 12 Drifters, 1 Spyder, 1 H-D with Sidecar, 1 Yamaha. Sun and shine all day, pictures to follow...

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

Tfrank59

We have record-breaking dry weather here in the Pacific Northwest. 41 days with no measurable rain and counting, and I am loving it. I hope you guys are getting plenty of good riding in this summer.  between my two bikes I think I've put about 1500 miles on in the last 30 days 8).  I really wouldn't mind if I could double that number before the rains return. Get out there while you can and ride safe!

Tom

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk