Bevel bearing

Started by UGLY, July 18, 2017, 10:02:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UGLY

Thanks for the info. Went to the Kaw. Vulcan Forum and was overwhelmed with the info.concerning the matter Thanks again for your input.

BEEN RIDING 58 YEARS. FIRST BIKE 1949 JAMES MY MOTHERS BIKE GIVENTO ME IN 56 OR7.  RODE A LOT OF BRITISH BEING FROM  NEW BRUNSWICK CANADA. LOVE MY 99 DRIFTER 1500. WISH I LIVED DOWN THERE WITH ALL THE BEAUTIES YOU HAVE THERE AT SUCH GREAT PRICES

Troll

You might be looking for trouble where there isn't any. If the oil screen had never been pulled before, I don't think that a few little bits mean anything. Bearing metal from the ball bearing in the bevel case would not show up as shavings.

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

UGLY

It is a99 without the later cover on them but I cannot tell if there is a noise.When you changed your oil did you check for any metal shavings? From my inquiries elsewhere I am told the bevel bearings on the Vulcans even some 1600 have this problem. Thanks for getting back to me. Anyone else have information about shavings on the filter or problems with the bearing let me know. It is at least 8 hrs. to get at it if it has to be replaced. The bike has 14000 mi. on it.

BEEN RIDING 58 YEARS. FIRST BIKE 1949 JAMES MY MOTHERS BIKE GIVENTO ME IN 56 OR7.  RODE A LOT OF BRITISH BEING FROM  NEW BRUNSWICK CANADA. LOVE MY 99 DRIFTER 1500. WISH I LIVED DOWN THERE WITH ALL THE BEAUTIES YOU HAVE THERE AT SUCH GREAT PRICES

Troll

Is it making noise? Mine lasted 'till 87,000, and the previous owner DID NOT take care of the bike, at all!

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

UGLY

I changed the oil on a 1500 Drifter. Took out the small metal filter and the filings were about the same as 5-7 grains of fine sand. The bike has 14000 miles and I do not know if the previous owner ever checked. Should I worry about the bevel bearing?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk