Previous topic - Next topic

OR Seedman

Going out tomorrow...6-10 business days and it will be there... ;D

OR Seedman

HurtSoMuch

cant wait for my set to arrive...love the look of it on the bike

Stig

OR Seedman

I had the chrome solo rack mounted directly to the fender as well, but since it bounces up and down all the time, I was looking for an alternative....I saw the factory solo racks that mount on the 1500 to the saddlebag mounting arms and thought "hey...I can figure something like that out for the 800".  Instead of just making it into an all-in-one rack and mount, I made the mount fit the rack (with curved mounting points) and adjustable height settings where it bolts to the saddlebag mounts.  It actually works on both the 800 and 1500.  and if you want to take the chrome rack off, you can bolt a trunk to it with some minor spacing to allow for the curved mounting holes....I have had mine on now for a couple of weeks and it looks like it "belongs" on the bike....I also put a pad on top and sat on it....it held my 240lbs with no problem...the only issue that I have had so far is that opening the saddlebags is a little bit of a pain, since the fold open towards the fender and the mount is in the way a little bit...but I can live with that until I can afford to get the Saddleline bags I want....

thanks for the compliments...and Happy New Year to all...

OR Seedman

Tfrank59

that is a great looking addition.  strange my 06 came with what must be an OEM solo rack, which bolts directly on to the fender somehow and is quite strong--I've had at least 25 lbs on there and it don't even budge. 

Tom

'06 Drifter 800, '98 Valkyrie

"HD: The most efficient way to convert gasoline into noise without the pesky effects of horsepower."

Trall

That's a great addition to the Drifter acc.  Looks great and your bag mounts are perfect so I am sure these are as well.......I got two of the factory cargo racks and love it.  I have one mounted a small luggage chest with no saddle bags. The other to my solo seat set-up saddle bags with your bag mounts.   Now 800 owners have a lot more options.  Good job....

mittico68

Really stunning!
It makes me wanting a set... but not for now: I've already drained my budget for this year!

I love my swingin' bike!

CDNRatMan

enough room for a month or more of kit......

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

OR Seedman

Thanks...it works with the 1500 mounts as well.  The mounting holes match both models.  I can also have it made with just a flat top and no mounting tabs for the chrome rack.  I am hoping others want try it out....I also hung a couple of tool bags to the frame and they sit on top of the saddle bags....just seeing what I can add here and there...the mount is strong enough to put a seat pad on if you want...

OR Seedman

Old Drifter

Great idea, that looks awesome!  I'm sure that will be a big hit with other 800 owners too.

Gene

1999 Drifter

OR Seedman

well, I decided to go ahead and have a solo rack made for my drifter that would attach to the upper bolt holes on the saddlebag mounts that I have been selling.  I had it designed so that I could mount my old style chrome fender rack directly to it.  I had it made so that you could adjust the height to 3 different settings (about 2 inches total height movement).  I have it at the lowest mounting height on the bike and there is still plenty of room for the rear fender at maximum compression...It is made of the same steel as the bag mounts and has the same heavy powdercoating.  It works on either the 800 mounts or the 1500 mounts.  I sat directly on it on the bike and it didn't budge....very strong....and....I have two complete sets for sale in the classifieds.... ;)

OR Seedman

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk