Vulcan Drifter Riders

• April 23, 2017, 14:40:50 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you use HOTMAIL and some other email providers, you may not get notifications and registration emails. Let me know if you register and didn't get confirmation.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 14:38:40 
Started by Ontargetbill - Last post by chief
May be of help... from the LINKS area...

http://www.vulcandrifterriders.com/caddytaillight.html
http://www.vulcandrifterriders.com/forum/index.php?action=links;cat=59

on: Today at 11:14:32 
Started by Dean Williams - Last post by Dean Williams
Hi all...

I'm looking to get back on a bike soon... I took a test ride on a 2010 Vulcan 900. The bike only has 2,500 km on it (1,500 miles), which is great, but suspicious. When I took it out, it blew white smoke out the exhaust for a few minutes... Then stopped once it was warmed up.  Could this be a problem?  Head gasket maybe?  Seems like the bike is brand new, but been sitting for 7 years.

Thanks.

on: April 22, 2017, 21:59:24 PM 
Started by Trooper Jeff - Last post by CDNRatMan
     It should .......

on: April 22, 2017, 21:01:44 PM 
Started by Trooper Jeff - Last post by Trooper Jeff
Will the OEM solo seat for the 2001-2006 model 800 fit on a 1999-2000 model 800? The part numbers are different, though the design looks similar.

on: April 22, 2017, 20:30:25 PM 
Started by Feed Poster - Last post by Feed Poster
Austin MotoGP Qualifying Results (News) (Race Results)

Qualifying for tomorrow’s COTA MotoGP race saw Marc Marquez (Honda) take pole position over Yamaha’s Maverick ViƱales by a narrow margin. Nearly a full second back in third was Valentino Rossi (Yamaha). Ducati’s Jorge Lorenzo made it to Q2 for the first time this year and will line up on the outside of the second […]
Source: Austin MotoGP Qualifying Results (News) (Race Results)

Motorcycle Reviews - http://www.motorcycledaily.com

on: April 22, 2017, 20:30:17 PM 
Started by grinnell - Last post by Tfrank59
That's a big nut shell ;D hey I started looking up Vulcan 800 carbs on fleabay and they are not cheap!  no matter whether it's for a Drifter or a classic so hopefully we can get this gentleman fixed up without having him replace his entire carb.

on: April 22, 2017, 20:02:44 PM 
Started by grinnell - Last post by CDNRatMan
  :o Yes the Drifter 800 has a TPS or throttle position sensor, Ok I had to look it up and learned this:

The TPS is measuring the engine load and feeding that information back to the igniter.
Without the TPS in circuit you have a 2 dimensional ignition advance curve that advances the spark depending on the RPM, no matter what the load, similar to points and centrifugal weights of yesterday.
With the TPS in circuit you have the 3rd dimension. Now the igniter knows if the engine is under hard acceleration, cruising, slowly building speed or decelerating when it cross references with RPM. This is important as the speed of the flame front in the combustion chamber changes as the load on the engine changes and in turn the timing of the spark needs to change in line with the flame front to produce good ignition at the point of maximum chamber pressure.Not using the TPS certainly won't hurt your engine as the igniter reverts to the 100% throttle open ignition map. But you are losing out as the spark timing will be constant at any particular RPM no matter what the engine load/flame front speed and thus you are not taking advantage of performance/efficiency at any part throttle openings. This is why all modern vehicle ignition systems use an engine load sensor of some description and also why Keihin have gone to the trouble of incorporating a TPS on their lovely FCR39's. This also explains why we have seen the comment by many owners "I disconnected mine and didn't lose anything". If you disconnect the TPS, full power WOT will be the same as with it connected. Also a one or two BHP gain is very hard/impossible to detect on WOT unless on a dyno, so a one or two BHP gain on part throttle is definitely impossible to detect, but in everyday riding it'll make a difference.

that is it in a nutshell.......

on: April 22, 2017, 19:56:42 PM 
Started by Alberto Ortega - Last post by CDNRatMan
  Right now the only 2 up seat I know of is in Montreal for sale by Nanook, and if you go to the Facebook Vulcan parts site then it should be listed there, sec see If I can find it.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/kawasakidriftersales/
listed on here.
A 1500 seat will not fit an 800, different seats and mounts.

on: April 22, 2017, 19:15:10 PM 
Started by grinnell - Last post by Troll
800 carb should fit just fine, but the drifter has a tps on it to control spark advance, the regular 800 does not. Might not make any real difference, but it could effect drivability.

on: April 22, 2017, 18:38:23 PM 
Started by Alberto Ortega - Last post by Alberto Ortega
Hi I need a 2 up seat for a 02 kawasaki drifter 800 and I need to know if a 1500 seat fits on 800

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

ADVERTISE YOUR PRODUCT OR SERVICE HERE!