Vulcan Drifter Riders

• September 20, 2017, 22:25:19 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you use HOTMAIL and some other email providers, you may not get notifications and registration emails. Let me know if you register and didn't get confirmation.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 22:01:14 
Started by OR Seedman - Last post by Old Drifter
Looks great...nice job! It's a great alternative at a fair price if one desires a 1500 solo seat rack.

on: Today at 20:30:09 
Started by Feed Poster - Last post by Feed Poster
2017 Moto Guzzi V9 Roamer: MD Ride Review (Bike Reports) (News)

Moto Guzzi doesn’t offer new engine displacements very often, so it was a bit of a surprise when the V9 models (displacing 850cc) were announced in the Fall of 2015. We have been testing one of those models, the V9 Roamer, over the past several weeks.  This is our report. Based on the architecture of […]
Source: 2017 Moto Guzzi V9 Roamer: MD Ride Review (Bike Reports) (News)

Motorcycle Reviews - http://www.motorcycledaily.com

on: Today at 19:36:36 
Started by OR Seedman - Last post by OR Seedman
Solo rear rack for 1500

Rear rack for solo seat 1500 with OEM saddlebag mounts.  3 height settings (mounting points).  Very sturdy! Could be used as a passenger seat with added pad....much stronger than the Fire&Steel rack.  Pre-drilled with mounting holes for backrest mount sold by me as well. $85 plus ups ground shipping.

More Information

on: Today at 19:32:24 
Started by OR Seedman - Last post by OR Seedman
So...through a special request, I designed a rear rack for solo seat 1500 drifters with the OEM saddlebag mounts.  This rack mounts the same way as the factory Fire & Steel chrome rack, but has 3 height settings and is pre-drilled for the backrest mount I also sell.  One is spoken for and one is available and is being put in the classifieds....it is very sturdy and you can mount a pad on it for a passenger seat in a pinch.  Since the chrome racks are no longer around, this could be a good substitute.....has a heavy black powder coat..will be priced at $85 plus shipping..

on: Today at 19:06:55 
Started by Greg59 - Last post by Tfrank59
Okay thanks got it

on: Today at 15:46:19 
Started by Greg59 - Last post by Troll
That's really good information Troll thanks. Early in the summer when my battery went bad I was wondering if it was because I had a faulty charging system and I didn't know what you just said as a way to check it. One thing I'm a little unclear on with your explanation is if it's the battery feeding the headlight how can a bad charging system fail to energize the headlight?
The relay won't be energized, so no headlight.

on: Today at 15:25:34 
Started by Scott Luck - Last post by OR Seedman
thanks, MOM....

on: Today at 14:56:47 
Started by Greg59 - Last post by CDNRatMan
  I remember the first winter that I was working on the bike and had done some wiring, never noticed that the light was  not on with just the key, heck I am sitting on the bike not looking at it. So went to check the wiring and turned the key had power and lights everywhere but the headlight.....panic near set in as I was checking everything and not figuring out till I asked the question. Then felt good about it, was a good learning experience.

on: Today at 13:50:01 
Started by Greg59 - Last post by Tfrank59
That's really good information Troll thanks. Early in the summer when my battery went bad I was wondering if it was because I had a faulty charging system and I didn't know what you just said as a way to check it. One thing I'm a little unclear on with your explanation is if it's the battery feeding the headlight how can a bad charging system fail to energize the headlight?

on: Today at 12:57:13 
Started by Greg59 - Last post by Troll
I don't want to get into a technical discussion about the headlight circuit, but...The relay has a latching circuit that is triggered by voltage from the charging system. Once the charging system is making power, the headlight relay will be energized...BUT, the power from the battery is feeding the headlight. If you shut off the engine with the kill switch, the headlight will stay on. If you then shut off the key, the latching circuit is deenergized, and the light goes off. This is a good design for two reasons. The headlight is not taking current during the starting phase, and if the charging system is inoperative, you will know it because the headlight won't come on.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

ADVERTISE YOUR PRODUCT OR SERVICE HERE!