Vulcan Drifter Riders

• July 27, 2017, 19:52:20 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you use HOTMAIL and some other email providers, you may not get notifications and registration emails. Let me know if you register and didn't get confirmation.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 16:51:57 
Started by Angela - Last post by --Jerry S--
No where to hide form JR

on: Today at 16:30:32 
Started by Feed Poster - Last post by Feed Poster
2018 Suzuki GSX-S750: MD First Ride (Bike Reports) (News)

When Suzuki first introduced the GSX-S750 to the U.S. market back in 2015, we attended the press launch in Austin, Texas expecting an exciting ride behind local resident Kevin Schwantz. Instead, torrential rain prevented us from fully evaluating the bike. That original model entered a tough market against other reasonably priced alternatives. We are thinking […]
Source: 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750: MD First Ride (Bike Reports) (News)

Motorcycle Reviews - http://www.motorcycledaily.com

on: Today at 14:41:30 
Started by Tumminelli - Last post by Tumminelli
Yes, I have removed the badging also in that manner but I was referring to the decals. Looks to me that they are clear coated over. My concern is that if I heat with a heat gun and remove there won't be any clear coat under the decal.

Has anyone sucessully removed decals?

on: Today at 06:48:39 
Started by tnttoolman - Last post by tnttoolman
Pulled the old tank apart last night and the gasket is pretty pliable so I am going to go with Old Drifter and use some rtv.  Thanks for everyone'
s input.

on: Today at 03:20:06 
Started by Old Drifter - Last post by CDNRatMan
  Did you find someone brave enough to ride with you?

on: Today at 03:19:02 
Started by Tumminelli - Last post by CDNRatMan
    Yup hair dryer, fishing line and a lot of patience and go gone when you are finished then wash well and apply pledge furniture polish. 

on: Today at 01:38:07 
Started by Old Drifter - Last post by mittico68
Really nice!

on: Today at 01:36:20 
Started by Tumminelli - Last post by mittico68
I've removed the tank badges and it's been a smooth and neat job: first I had to use a hair dryer, just to warm a bit the badges; then I passed a fishing wire trhough the back side of said badges and the tank, movin' it up and down gently, 'till the badges came out nicely.
And then I used a sanding brush, to remove the gummy residues from the tank.
Finally, I've put on each side a new decal bought via e-bay. Et voilą!

on: July 26, 2017, 23:40:44 PM 
Started by Tumminelli - Last post by Tumminelli
Has anyone attempted to remove factory decals?  I have an 01 800 and I'm not to crazy about the tan and gold strips on the tank and fender. It's a red bike and I think the all red look of the 03 800 looks much cleaner.

I've looked on line about how to remove decals in general but I'm not sure if I attempted it would there still be clear coat under the decal on our drifters.

Any thoughts?  Paul

on: July 26, 2017, 22:52:41 PM 
Started by tnttoolman - Last post by drifter-paul
CMS in the Netherlands have a replacement (110610292 appears as the equivalent of Kaw 11009-1656) About $15 plus postage.       www.cmsnl.com
 :)

It matches your photo and my memory of the part.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

ADVERTISE YOUR PRODUCT OR SERVICE HERE!